Re: Lintian reports for etch

Carlo Segre dijo [Tue, Dec 19, 2006 at 07:27:34PM -0600]:

> Hi All:
>
> There are a lot of lintian warnings for our packages
>
> http://merkel.debian.org/~ballombe/lintian-etch-i386/reports/mDebian_Perl_Group.html
>
> What is the consensus about fixing these for etch?  If we do decide to
> clean up, what priority shall we put on the new uploads and will we
> overwhelm the release managers?
>
> My inclination is to fix them but not insist for etch unless there is a
> particularly bad one.

Hi,

They are all just 'warnings'. I found only one 'error':

 E: libdigest-sha1-perl source: debian-control-with-duplicate-fields standards-version: 6, 8

This one should be fixed, as its debian/control is not valid (and I'll
do it right away if it's still there - You have surely noticed I'm not
quite active lately, and I guess I'll be mostly away until the
beginning of February :( ). The other ones... Well, fix them whenever
you have to upload something.

Greetings,

PGP key 1024D/8BB527AF 2001-10-23