Re: libxml-libxml-xpathcontext-perl_0.07-1_i386.changes REJECTED

Hi,

As you can see, the package libxml-libxml-xpathcontext-perl has been
rejected from the NEW queue.

Joerg find its name redundant, and I must say he's right:

* Joerg Jaspert (joerg@debian.org) :
> On 10797 March 1977, Alexis Sukrieh wrote:
>
> >> rejected, the package name looks a bit redundant for me:
> >> libxml-libxml-xpathcontext-perl

But the fact is that if you stricly apply the Perl policy for naming the
package, you do get that name:

> > Well, I know, but this name is the one you get if you apply strictly the
> > Perl policy: it's the package of the module XML::LibXML::XPathContext...

So the question is: must we _always_ apply the Perl policy for naming
packages, or can we bypass that policy when the name becomes rdeundant
like here?

To me, there are  only two possile names:

- libxml-libxml-xpathcontext-perl (the Perl policy compliant one).
- libxml-xpathcontext-perl (not redundant, but not compliant).

I'd apreciate your comments on this...

--
Alexis Sukrieh
                                                  sukria@sukria.net

The real glory of maintainership isn't making the big and important
decisions. The real glory lies in all the small stuff that doesn't
really matter, and that people will just argue forever.

                                                  -- Linus Torvalds