Re: Reorganizing our repository

On 8/1/06, Gunnar Wolf <gwolf@gwolf.org> wrote:
Hi,

It's been a while since I last made a complete 'svn up' from our base
repository. We have now 197 packages in main [1], and looking quickly,
we seem to have 220 packages in our repository [2]. Operations become
long.

How would you feel towards moving to a structure similar to the pools
in the Debian archive? We could add one more level to the archive,
separating according to the module's first letter:

I agree, and i think (hopefully) Debian Python Modules Team will
benefit of this experience in the near future. If you plan to write a
script for the move, we could contact the costa admins first and
coordinate the run (date and time), i'm not sure it's a cheap move
(probably not) in svn.

(...)

regards,
-- stratus