Re: RFS: librpc-xml-perl

Thanks Russ and Branded for your educating replies.

After a fresh read[1] of Perl policy and grepping through
librpc-xml-perl's sources, this is what changed.

* Add ${perl:Depends} to Depends: to pull proper perl dependency.
  Modules in the package itself only require 5.005, so no explicit
  dependency on a given perl package is needed, so let dh_perl do the
  necessary for us to satisfy MakeMaker change requirement.

* Add Suggests: libapache-mod-perl
  Apache::RPC modules provided by the package actually require
  libapache-mod-perl. Other modules in it, however, can run fine
  withiout it and provide substantional functionality of the package.
  This makes it perfectly usable without libapache-mod-perl, thus
  Suggests.

Additionally, I've removed commented dh_*, since they are not going to
be needed in the future and enabled the test suite (make test invoked
in build target)

All commited to SVN. Full changelog is:

librpc-xml-perl (0.58-1) unstable; urgency=low

  * New upstream release
    Closes: #296664 - RPC::XML::string->as_string returns incorrect
snippet
    for the 0 string
    Closes: #358170 - New upstream release
  * [debian/control]
    + Debian Perl Group takes over the package (with permission of current
      maintainer, Ivan Kohler, see #296664). Thanks to Ivan for his
work so
      far.
      - D-P-G is Maintainer:
      - Ivan moved to Uploaders
      - Added myself as Uploader too
    + Bumped Standards-Version to 3.7.2
      - Move all except debhelper from Build-Depends to
Build-Depends-Indep
    + Add ${perl:Depends} to Depends to pull perl dependency
    + Add Suggests: libapache-mod-perl due to Apache::RPC classes
  * [debian/rules]
    + Added manual remove of Makefile[.old] to clean target to address
      cleaning of partial build
    + Put comments as of why binary-arch target is really there
    + Remove commented out dh_* calls that are clearly never going to be
      needed
    + Enable test suite

Thanks,
dam
[1] I realize that reading Perl policy afresh is something I had to do
before RFS here. Sorry for wasting your time.
--
Damyan Ivanov                           Modular Software Systems
dam@modsoftsys.com