Re: RFS: librpc-xml-perl

Damyan Ivanov <dam@modsoftsys.com> writes:

> lintian has no complains, but linda still insists on perl-dependency,
> which I've refused to put, since perl is essential and versioned perl
> dependency is not required (package requires 5.005 and even oldstable
> has 5.6).

Does the package use *any* core Perl modules?  If so, you do need to add
the Perl dependency; the essential Perl is permitted to be only the
interpreter with no modules.  (Some modules are currently included, but
the criteria for inclusion is "needed by some part of base" and therefore
may change at any time without notice.)