Re: ITP: libevent-rpc-perl -- Event based transparent Client/Server RPC framework

On Fri, Apr 21, 2006 at 05:19:32PM -0700, Russ Allbery wrote:

> >> Regarding the licence I'm not quite sure: The author uses the GNU
> >> _Library_ General Public License 2.1 or later but
> >> http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/ states "has been superseded by the Lesser
> >> GPL." and http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/lesser.html says "It also counts
> >> as the successor of the GNU Library Public License, version 2, hence
> >> the version number 2.1."
> >>
> >> If I interpret this correctly than referring to the _Lesser_ GPL would
> >> be ok (as the successor, by the "or later" clause, and because there is
> >> not even a version 2.1 of the _Library_ GPL). Is this correct?

> Yeah, it sounds reasonable to me;

Thanks for checking and confirming.

> it sounds like it was just a wording
> mistake by upstream.  I'd probably send them a note and ask them to
> clarify in a future release.

I've just sent an email to the upstream author asking for
clarification.

 : :' :  infos zur usenet-hierarchie at.*: http://www.usenet.at/
   `-    NP: Pat Metheny, B.B. King, Dave B: B.B. King & his orchestra / P