Re: libnet-domain-tld-perl and libemail-valid-perl

Hi,

On Thu, Apr 20, 2006 at 03:19:29PM -0500, Gunnar Wolf wrote:
> gregor herrmann dijo [Fri, Apr 14, 2006 at 01:36:31AM +0200]:
> > I think that moving one's packages to the (svn respository of the)
> > Debian Perl Group doesn't mean to orphan them but to profit from the
> > support of others - although it might mean to have less control, too.
>
> I agree with... me? :)
>
> Yes, this has worked quite well for me. I have been quite low-profile
> for some months already, because of my work and because of Debconf,
> yet most of the modules I maintain are in good shape thanks to the DPG
> - Of course, I'm still doing work whenever I can, but that is not as
> often as it (?:sh|c)ould.

Ok.  If the pleasure of simply working with you two to date wasn't enough,
(which JFTR it was ;) then the fact that Don became the third person to
address this latest issue locally makes it perfectly clear that having a
central place to make such changes once and for all is useful and
desirable.  I'm definitely more interested in seeing these packages
maintained well than being a control freak with the final say over them.

I'm poking at the DPG group pages now, to see what needs to be done to
get these packages in the repo and make collaboration a bit easier than
dancing around NMU's and patches.  I need to duck out for a bit in a
moment, but I'll join the dots on this informal application to join the
group with whatever formal steps may be required when I get back.

cheers,
Ron