Re: Help with bug in libterm-readline-gnu-perl

On Mon, Aug 22, 2005 at 12:13:53AM -0500, Gunnar Wolf wrote:
>I have two (merged) bug reports against libterm-readline-gnu-perl. The
>problem in question is a double-free call - This can be quite tricky
>to track down. If somebody can lend a pair of hands, eyes and neurons,
>please do so.

I can't duplicate this behaviour.  Both

  dpkg-reconfigure -plow -freadline locales

(which prompts), and

  dpkg-reconfigure -pcritical -freadline locales

(which doesn't) work fine, and glibc doesn't choke.  Adding tracing to
the xmalloc/xfree calls in Gnu.xs produces:

  0x1069b7b8 Gnu.xs:239 xmalloc(20)
  0x106ec290 Gnu.xs:239 xmalloc(21)
  0x106ec2b0 Gnu.xs:239 xmalloc(25)
  0x106ec2e0 Gnu.xs:239 xmalloc(17)