Re: Packaging effort for Perl Debs

Hello,

This is not really on the topic, but I'd like to point to
http://sixpan.perl6.nl/ here. It's planed to rework the CPAN as well as
its package formats etc. for Perl 6. The new format is planed to be
based on deb files and dpkg. They won't be normal debs to be installed
on Debian machines directly, though. Please participate.

On Fri, Oct 28, 2005 at 09:38:59AM +0100, Simon Waters wrote:
> I'm assuming from the limited number of packages in the CPAN debs
> repository (and Debian), that either it is more difficult to automate
> than it appears, or Jos was expecting a lot of Debian developers to
> appear and take over the work, or possibly Jos uses cpanplus and has all
> the debs he needs ;)

More on topic: http://debian.pkgs.cpan.org/

Regards,
Flo