Re: Upload of libfile-touch-perl

Hi,

I was just about to upload it (already tagged it) when I saw a minor,
but legal, flaw. It says in the code:

Copyright (c) 2001, Nigel Wetters. All Rights Reserved.
This module is free software. It may be used, redistributed
and/or modified under the same terms as Perl itself.

AFAIK it is consensus on debian-legal that free software can't have "All
Rights Reserved", and contradicts with the other two lines. (I might be
wrong, if you think so, please start to CC debian-legal.) I assume that
this is a mistake by the upstream author, and he should be contacted,
asking him to fix that, or explicitly tell us that the "All Rights
Reserved" thing is void.

Do you want to do that (dunno if you might know the upstream author), or
do you want me to fix that?

nomeata

(I'm not uploading it now, since the bug fix is minor, and we should fix
both things at once.)

--
Joachim "nomeata" Breitner
Debian Developer