Debian Perl Group release process

Hi,

looks like our project actually works :-)

For releasing packages, I propose the following:

1) People hack the packages as usual, using a checked out version of the
package in CVS, committing and updating regularly, keeping the
debian/changelog up-to-date.
2) When it's supposedly done, one files a bug in the "Packages to
Upload" tracker, maybe already assigning it to one of our official DDs.
He also tags it (debian_version_0.123-123), so that further changes by
someone else don't slip to the package unseen.
3) Then other people check out and build the package, and do the usual
testing (does it build, install, work, uninstall etc.), and post their
"Good to go" to the tracker.
4) When two people (other than the submitter for that bug, but may
include the uploader) give their ok, the uploader puts his name in the
debian/changelog, adds himself to Uploaders: in debian/control if
necessary, builds it and uploads it.

Information on how to use our CVS is on
http://pkg-perl.alioth.debian.org/cvs.txt

BTW, HE has posted the first package to upload, please check.

nomeata
--
Joachim "nomeata" Breitner
  e-Mail: mail@joachim-breitner.de | Homepage: http://www.joachim-breitner.de