Re: Plan C Worked. And there was much rejoicing. (yeah)

> In long: Brendan O'Dea, Debian's Perl maintainer, has verified that
> HTML::Parser built under 5.8.0 fails with 5.8.1, but works with 5.8.1
> and the Plan C patch.  Since there's just the one bug and HTML::Parser
> tickled it, this is enough proof for me that Plan C works.
>
> Brendan has uploaded the patched 5.8.1 to Debian unstable, so it will
> get significant usage, but only by users who are relatively tolerant
> of breakage.  (Debian unstable is ideal for this kind of thing.)

Speaking of breakage, I've just isolated a new problem with
HTML::Parser, one which reliably causes Perl to segfault:

It's getting late, and so I may not be making any sense, but from the
backtrace in the original bug report and from the contents of the test
case, this seems to be vaguely hash-related.  Since it just cropped up
yesterday, I'm thinking that it could be a Debian-specific problem
related to Brendan's latest change.  However, I don't right now have a
non-Debian Perl 5.8.1 environment to test in, so I'm not sure.

The test case (attached to the bug report) is pretty small.  Does anyone
have time to take a peek at the bug report and let me know what they
think?

Thanks,

KEN

--