Re: Plan C (was Re: Plan B for fixing 5.8.2 binary API)

According to Alan Burlison:
> The more byzantine the proposed solutions get, the more attractive
> breaking binary compatibility seems...

Well, consider that Plan C is actually a core improvement - it's not
just a security feature.  In the current system, for each hash seed
there exists a pathological key set.  As a security measure 5.8.1's
seeding is fine, but as a robustness measure it leaves something to
be desired.

I can see a minimally intrusive implementation with a small code
delta.  If it can't be done with stability and certainty, I'll line
up right behind you to shoot it in the head.
--
Chip Salzenberg               - a.k.a. -               <chip@pobox.com>