Re: 5.8.0 -> 5.8.1 breakage on Debian: HTML::Parser failure

Chip Salzenberg posted to [gmane.linux.debian.devel.perl]:

> According to Ardo van Rangelrooij:
>> I just uploaded a version rebuild against perl 5.8.1 and libxml 2.5.11-2.
>
> You know, all these uploads are likely to be superseded by
> re-re-builds once we figure out and fix the incompatibility.

It sounds like deep guru business to me, way out of my league -- but I am
engaged in a self-improvement campaign wherein I try to re-train myself to not
think that way ;-).

So {ragged nervous intake of breath}, can anyone decribe how the project of
trying to determine what causes this binary incompatibility should be
undertaken? Is there anything I can do to support? What species of thing are we
looking at/for? What's the most likely suspect?

Soren A

--
Sooooo, tell me, my little one-eyed one: on what poor, pitiful, defenseless
planet has my MONSTROSITY been ... unleashed?