Re: Debian-Perl-Policy and .packlist?

On Thu, 05 Dec 2002 02:08:00 -0800
Stephen Zander <gibreel@debian.org> wrote:

> Why?  ExtUtils::Installed creates .packlist files for all types of
> module installation except vendor installation.  Anyone installing
> their own modules will still get the packlist functionality.  Anyone
> installing Debian packages doesn't need the packlist functionality as
> Debian takes care of it for you.

I have not used nor needed ExtUtils::Installed personally. But if
someone needs it and if he wants it to work with Debian packages I would
not argue against it. Maybe someone uses it to get statistics about
installed modules -- whatever.

If someone wants to work at it -- why stop him?

If there is a clean way to get it working -- why not implement it?

  Greetings
     Florian

--
  Florian Hinzmann                         private: f.hinzmann@hamburg.de