Re: Need a Perl trick for a (potential) Debian package

Joey Hess wrote:
> It'd be worth checking if SOAP can be built with eg, support for SMTP, and
> still work in other modes like HTTP, even if MIME::Lite is not installed.
> Perhaps they were sensible and you don't actually need all these modules as
> dependancies; if someone really wants SOAP over email, they can install the
> necessary MIME::Lite module, and so on.

Actually, according to the docs, only XML::Parser is needed; every other
module will be demand loaded. You might want to depend on a reasonable
subset of them, but I think it makes sense to build soap with support for
all of them. Of course this still leaves open the issue with SSL and
non-us.

--
see shy jo