Re: New perl packages

>>>>> "bod" == Brendan O'Dea <bod@debian.org> writes:
    bod> That was my intention some time ago when I first proposed
    bod> un-splitting the packages.  Personally I'd like 5.005 to be
    bod> killed stone dead, but some people insisted that they need
    bod> it.
[snip]
    bod> People who really *do* need 5.005 can install modules locally
    bod> if need be.

Bah! If people who need 5.005 can install modules locally, then they
can install 5.005 locally as well.  The default, out-of-the-box build
will go in /usr/local anyway.  Support it properly or kill the beast.

    bod> You don't have perl-base installed?

I do, I was just being selective in my cut-n-pasting.  I stopped at
the last packae with a version number in it.

--
Stephen

"If I claimed I was emporer just cause some moistened bint lobbed a
scimitar at me they'd put me away"