Re: New perl packages

On Thu, Feb 01, 2001 at 10:19:16AM -0800, Stephen Zander wrote:
>    bod> I've re-applied the patch.
>
>Also, while building one of my packages last night I discovred that
>INSTALLVENDORLIB is being set incorrectly in the Makefile that
>ExtUtils::MakeMaker produces.

Arrrggh.  Fixed in 5.6.0-12 .  i386, sparc, powerpc and ia64 (!) debs on
people.debian.org/~bod/perl .

>I have not had a chance to see why ExtUtils::MM_Unix::prefixify isn't
>working.

MakeMaker is trying to be smart and only prefixify dirs which come from
$Config--only it doesn't do it correctly.  Makes some insane assumptions
about where stuff resides rather than actually *checking* (assumes
/usr/lib/perl5 and /usr/man for our value of $prefix for example).

I've simply chopped out the $funkylibdir/$funkymandir stuff entirely.

Regards,
--
Brendan O'Dea                                        bod@compusol.com.au
Compusol Pty. Limited                  (NSW, Australia)  +61 2 9810 3633