Re: problems with pgperl

Stephen Zander wrote:

>     Per-Olof> Dear all, With the risk of exposing that I am new to
>     Per-Olof> this, I will tell you about my problems with
>     Per-Olof> perl/pdl/pgperl.
>
> Argh! I forgot all about this!  Will upload pgperl 2.17 just as soon
> as I can get an ssh session to ftp-master.debian.org going.
>
> --
> Stephen

Thanks a lot. I downloaded it from Incoming.

However, pgperl-2.17 depends on perl-5.6, so I had to change some things
to get it to work with my potato installation.

First I,

dpkg --force-depends -i pgperl_2.17-1_i386.deb

and then I copied the files from /usr/lib/perl5/5.6/i386-linux/  to
/usr/lib/perl5/5.005/i386-linux/
and then it seems to work fine.

Best regards,

Per-Olof