Re: Creating Debian dependencies while using CPAN?

> > [automatically creating package files from CPAN modules on the fly]

> Pleaase, take note that all this could only be used for local packages...
> All Debian package in main should have all their dependencies resolved, so
> that CD only installation are possibles. I didn't see any need for making
No problem just mirror a selected part of CPAN and add something like a
"cpan" line next to the "deb" and "deb-src" to /etc/apt/sources.conf.

> However, a recent thread in debian-perl (hey, it was only two weeks ago!)
> talks about this issue and we get two differents solutions: a CPAN::Debian
> that let dpkg know about the cpan modules, their files locations and what
> they provides; and a deb-make target for perl modules that let a maintainer
> create a standard skeleton for all modules, with a special cpan-update target
> in the debian/rules file.
The first would have the advantage that we don't have to repackage those
thousands of CPAN modules - we could, maybe apart from perl-base, use
modules shipped with debian as like modules the use wants to install for
his own.
(But I will take a look at this discussion if it's not the one I participated
in)

bye,

 -christian-

--
       Real programmers confuse Christmas and Halloween,
		  because Dec 25 = Oct 31 !!!