Re: GUI for task selection

"Martin Bialasinski" <martin@internet-treff.uni-koeln.de> writes:
> Hi,
>
> I took a look at Term::Newt module, but I am afraid, it can not be
> used. It never made more than the initial release for newt 0.25, and
> it doesn't work with newt 0.30 :-(
>
> So either someone writes writes a new xs interface to newt (nothing I
> am able to do myself), or we have to use something else (perlmenu is
> packages, so it is a obvious choice, but is not consistent with the
> boot disks UI).
>
> We are running low on time, so a decision has to be made quickly. I
> cc: debian-perl. I don't know how much work it is to create a new
> Term::Newt (the old tarball is 11.7k), but if someone can do it
> quickly, we would have a consistent interface in the boot floppies.
>
> Ciao,
> 	Martin

Martin (and anyone else interested),

Please look at the libnewt-term-perl packages at:

http://master.debian.org/~mdorman/libterm-newt-perl/

I hope these will be adequate.  They reconcile all of the changes that
I could find in the interface between newt-0.25 and newt-0.30.  I am
not, however, terribly conversant with newt, and there is no test
suite for the perl interface, so although it _should_ work, there are
no guarantees.

If people can give me some feedback about whether they think these
packages function as they should, I would be happy to upload them to
Incoming.

Cheers,

Mike.