libcgi-perl

I need some help/advice and I'm not sure if this is the place but i'm
going to give it a shot.

After attempting to upgrade to perl 5.005 I ran into some problems. Mainly
libcgi-perl will not uninstall. I am not sure if this package was
incorrectly distributed and it may be possible for me to get a new version
and then unistall it. I am at a loss and for the past 2 1/2 hours I have
been trying franticly to get a simple upgrade to complete.

None of the --force options work with dpkg. I always get this error.
Removing libcgi-perl ...
No diversion `diversion of /usr/lib/perl5/CGI/Carp.pm to
/usr/lib/perl5/CGI/Carp_dist.pm by libcgi-perl', none removed
Removing `diversion of /usr/man/man3/CGI::Carp.3pm.gz to
/usr/man/man3/CGI::Carp_dist.3pm.gz by libcgi-perl'
dpkg-divert: rename involves overwriting `/usr/man/man3/CGI::Carp.3pm.gz'
with
  different file `/usr/man/man3/CGI::Carp_dist.3pm.gz', not allowed
dpkg: error processing libcgi-perl (--remove):
 subprocess pre-removal script returned error exit status 2
/var/lib/dpkg/info/libcgi-perl.postinst: undocumented call to `postinst
abort-remove'
 libcgi-perl
E: Sub-process returned an error code (1)

What is there that I can do. I can't go bask to perl 5.004 anymore because
the packages that libcgi-perl require need perl 5.005. I am basically
stuck and am not seeing any hope.

-Ryan