libcgi-perl?

I've got Apache::ASP module which depends of CGI module (>= 2.49).
Apache::ASP needs it for file upload.

Hopefully after upstreaming perl-5.005 this version is correct, but...

I think CGI.pm should be splitted from perl-5.005 (analogically
as Data::Dumper module). Why?

I could use libcgi-perl (and its version) in depends field.
Some other packages may depend new CGI.pm version, too.

CGI.pm is often upstreamed on CPAN and recompilation whole
perl package isn't good idea, IMHO.

CGI.pm isn't critical perl module then we could think about splitting it.

--

Piotr "Dexter" Roszatycki
mailto:dexter@fnet.pl