[GSoC 2020] Week 10 Report - Android SDK tools in Debian

Hey everyone! Here's my report for week 10(Aug 3rd to 9th) of coding period.

Continuing from last week, I faced some sbt errors while building Gradle. [1] I figured out they were caused due to the following upstream commits.[2] and [3]. I tried reverting those commits. I still faced a compileJava error even after the revert. Turns out there is no clean way to revert the commits. There have been multiple major changes after the commit [3].

Ran a build in online mode without any patches to get an idea of other errors in packaging. We currently have a manpage missing and a few poms are missing too. Other than those, the build runs fine. Of course it runs fine! Its in online mode and without any debian patches. duh!

I also helped Manas to test the emulator package and fix the path for the same.[4]
A thread on upstream forums was also initialized for the for scala issue. [5]

That's all for this week. See you in the next one!

[1] https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/gPv9qkFWVy
[2] https://github.com/gradle/gradle/commit/55cc6461feed063b4ebdb8a709e87bfca1c794e3
[3] https://github.com/gradle/gradle/commit/f666121b2aa03501e5758c09b97162592af103f2#diff-4313c5416a92cc4d1925f86e5b491d80<br>[4
[4] https://salsa.debian.org/Manas-kashyap-guest/google-android-emulator-installer/-/commit/e13a68e4883292469874fc53b416b210f602ecb2