Re: Suggestions for Outreach team process/administration

Hi Abhijit,
Thanks for your suggestions.

I am going to apply to become a Debian member soon. That task has been
long pending from my side.

Regarding communication channels, we do timely publicize announcements
for GSoC/Outreachy on Debian Micro news, but we can improve it
further. Thanks for putting the point across to us.

We have a written GSoC project selection policy, but we try to be a
bit flexible to allow more projects and students to be part of Debian.
But more or less we follow these guidelines:
https://wiki.debian.org/SummerOfCode2020#Guidelines_for_GSoC_Projects_in_Debian

On Wed, Sep 23, 2020 at 6:41 AM Paul Wise <pabs@debian.org> wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 22, 2020 at 7:16 PM Abhijith PA wrote:
>
> >  * Like other Debian announcement mails, outreach announcement should have
> >    a sign. I understand that some of the team members are non DDs
>
> I think it would be appropriate for these folks to become Debian members.
>
> >  * I could only find latest announcement[1] in debian-project and debian-
> >    outreach mailinglist. Debian project have many official[2] (and
> >    partially, I think twitter[3] is such) communication channel.
>
> Please note that Twitter is definitely not an official communication
> channel. Debian micronews is the official communication channel that
> is equivalent to Twitter and posts from it are automatically sent to
> Twitter and other places.
>
> https://micronews.debian.org/
> https://wiki.debian.org/Teams/Publicity/micronews
>
> --