Re: Request to support Mozilla Global Sprint

Hi.
I'd be very open to Debian members approaching asking for travel and
accomodation sponsorship  if an event like this would help them in their
Debian work.  That Debian work might include existing projects as well
as reaching out to tell others about the Debian community.

It doesn't seem very likely that we'd want to directly sponsor the event
although I'd be open to an argument about that from Debian members.

Copying debian-outreach in hopes of getting you advice on where to best
contact members of our community who might be interested in this.

    ishaan>    Respected sir This is regarding Mozilla's Global sprint
    ishaan> event being held by Mozilla group Delhi .  About the event
    ishaan> Mozilla’s annual Global Sprint, a two-day worldwide
    ishaan> distributed hackathon for open-source projects, is a great
    ishaan> opportunity for communities of all kinds to learn open
    ishaan> practices, collaborate, and grow together.  At the Sprint,
    ishaan> all are welcome, from every skill level and background —from
    ishaan> designers, engineers, and educators to activists,
    ishaan> researchers, and artificial intelligence Reason why Debian
    ishaan> should Sponsor because:.  *Release around the corner , could
    ishaan> help in squashing bugs *Gather new contributors for Debian
    ishaan> in field of packaging.  *A few Debian members (DMs,DDs) are
    ishaan> expected to come to help mentor the participants.  *24hours
    ishaan> Dev sprint could help Debian in squashing other bugs as well
    ishaan> .  *We could have a Debian installation booth as well.  Link
    ishaan> to the event-
    ishaan> https://gitlab.com/mozilla-delhi/global-sprint-2019 If you
    ishaan> need anymore information please let me know , I would be
    ishaan> happy to help.  Thank you Regards Ishaan Malik