Google Summer of Code Application Format

Hello,

I am a Junior Computer Engineering student at the University of South Carolina and I am interested in submitting a project proposal for Debian's sponsorship in the Google Summer of Code.

I noticed that many sponsor companies have their own specific guidelines and requirements for the application process.  I could not find information specifically pertaining to Debian, I was wondering if there were any additional requirements I must follow, outside of Google's "Elements of a Quality Proposal," in order to submit my application.

Link to where I found Google's guidelines: https://google.github.io/gsocguides/student/writing-a-proposal.html

Thank you for your time,
Matt Venter
venterke@gmail.com