Re: GSoC weekly report of Distro Tracker Improvements (Week 12)

On Wed, Aug 8, 2018 at 5:50 PM Arthur Del Esposte <arthurmde@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

Last week  I was attending DebConf18 in Taiwan. I presented my GSoC project during the GSoC
section. The presentation video is available at this link [1].

As I was involved in the activities of the event, I did not have time to move forward in my
project code. However, it was a very rich experience to learn more about Debian and
talk to other members of the community. I've received a valuable feedback for improvements
and new features for Distro Tracker. I believe I have enough work to continue contributing to
the project after the GSoC =)

[1] https://gemmei.ftp.acc.umu.se/pub/debian-meetings/2018/DebConf18/2018-07-31/gsoc-session.webm

Thank you for posting this video. It is a very effective way of knowing about the projects
and the respective mentors and students, etc. For example until now I had assumed that
Jaminy was a boy (I don't have a clue on Indian names, it sounded to me like Jeremy or
something like that).

For future GSoC, maybe we can propose that students prepare a short video (5-10 min)
presenting their project and their work. This can be one of the required deliveries and
included (as a link) on the final report. For this year maybe it is too late.

Regards,
Dashamir