GSoC weekly report of Alexandre Viau for week 9-12

Hello,

This is my report for the month of July.

The preparation for DebConf and the event itself has taken most of the
month of July so I am combining these weeks together.

The most important change to autodeb that was made during this period
was the implementation of automated backports.

##################
## Autodeb code ##
##################

The most important change of the month is that we now generate
backports. In the past, we would only update packages to new upstream
versions. Now, we attempt to backport packages in testing to stable and
distribute the resulting backports in repositories.

I currently get a 45% success rate for backports (based on 1k jobs).

autodeb-worker
==============

- generate package upgrades in the "autodeb" distribution instead of
unstable

autodeb-master
==============

- document the package upgrade repositories and how to use it with apt
preferences

- adapt repositories to the "autodeb" distribution

- removed unused successful builds endpoint

- **implement backports**:
  + detect backport candidates with the ftp-masters api
  + host the backports in a repository
  + implement backports in the web interface

infrastructure
==============

- Install aptly-api from stretch-backports
- Setup the build environement for backports

#############
## DebConf ##
#############

I have spent a good amount of time to prepare my slides for DebConf. On
July 31st, I have gave a talk about autodeb:
 -
https://meetings-archive.debian.net/pub/debian-meetings/2018/DebConf18/2018-07-31/autodeb-automatic-packages-for-everythin.webm

I have collected a lot of feedback from people that came to talk to me
after the talk and I have had interesting discussions.

There are some people that began testing and opened a couple of issues:
 - https://salsa.debian.org/autodeb-team/autodeb/issues/10
 - https://salsa.debian.org/autodeb-team/autodeb/issues/9
 - https://salsa.debian.org/autodeb-team/autodeb/issues/8
 - https://salsa.debian.org/autodeb-team/autodeb/merge_requests/3