GSoC weekly report of Minkush Jain for week 10 and 11
Project: Wizard/GUI helping interns get started
Here is what I did:
-- Updated Thunderbird script to add the feature to modify the
configuration for all Mozilla profiles in the system or a specific
profile given by the user.
-- Removed all Lintian errors and policy violations from Cardbook_1.3.0 package.
-- Added devscripts in the package to build it using 'xul-ext'. Added
watch file to automatically pull tags from upstream. Created
cardbook_1.4.0 package version to update the changes.
-- I mailed Carsten Schoenert, Debian Maintainer of Thunderbird and
Lightning package, who helped me a lot along with my mentor, Daniel
during the packaging process.
-- Generated new GPG key for me, signed .changes, .dsc, .deb package
files using dpkg-sig and verifed them.
-- Added pytest testing scripts for Salsa and Github account
-- Updated IRC Setup script with the following:
* Registers new nickname for the user on the server.
* Added exception handling using recursive functions to identify
if the nickname is already registered or the email entered is invalid.
* Display the list of all available Debian channels with minimum
15 members from the server.
* The user can choose any channel from the list and join it.
* Added ping-pong loop to reply to automated pings from the server.
-- Researched alternate Python IRC libraries like Twisted, IRC3
GSoC scripts: https://salsa.debian.org/minkush-guest/gsoc-2018-experiments