This week's goal was to handle default country code that would be used to format the phone number and display more details about it. I came up with 3 alternatives to resolve this
- Using a configuration file within the package
- Declaring an environment variable DEBDIALER_COUNTRY
- Using the user's IP address
- I thought I had managed to extract the user's inet address from eth or wlo using netifaces but that wasn't my public IP. I'm now going to curl to checkip.dyndns.org
at the beginning of my program to fetch the IP address
- Another solution that single handedly resolves both tasks involve sending sending a request to
ipinfo.io. Though the response takes some time but it returns the country as well.