GSoC weekly report of Harshit Joshi for week 2
This week we made a new organisation (on github) invoice-x for easier management and reviewing purposes. Now, both the libraries invoice2data and factur-x have been moved there.
I have been solving up coming issues on invoice2data and improving factur-x library.
- As I mentioned in my previous blog, that I will be covering tests for 'invoice2data as a library'. So I did do it. Link to commit.
- I have added checks for tesseract module, which verifies installation of tesseract and imagemagick modules in invoice2data. It was related to issue-92
- Added related project section to invoice2data and factur-x. Issue-14
- Then, I spent time on reading about French government's new standard to exchange electronic invoices, called, Factur-X that builds on a different German standard ("ZUGFeRD").
- I have figured out problems with file loading mechanism of factur-x and we are still working on how to optimize it.
- I have fixed issues with embedded resource checking in factur-x. Issue-16
- An issue came up related to whitespace input to tesseract module, had to fix it and in the process I learned about subprocess library of python.
- I have written tests for factur-x now tests three functions write_pdf(), write_xml() and _xml_from_file() PR-21
- Added a simple test for tesseract module in invoice2data which checks whether tesseract.to_text() is working or not. PR-135
Freshman - B.Tech (Information Technology and Mathematical Innovations)
Cluster Innovation Centre
University of DelhiWebsite: www.harshitjoshi.in