GSoC weekly report of Saif Abdul Cassim for week 1

Hi,
I have worked on updating android-platform-frameworks-native to version Android 8.1.0+r23 from version Android 7.0.0+r33. I have successfully imported the new Upstream version and fixed existing bugs I could find for it (none for -native) and also updated the copyright file. The new updated package builds fine. I have also fixed all mistakes in my merge request as suggested by my mentors. The following is my merge request for -native.
https://salsa.debian.org/android-tools-team/android-platform-frameworks-native/merge_requests/2

Similarly, I have also updated android-platform-development and posted a new merge request. The following is my merge request for -development.
https://salsa.debian.org/android-tools-team/android-platform-development/merge_requests/1

I am planning to learn to properly write build scripts from this Friday onwards as it will be required for updating Gradle to v4.1.

Cheers,
Saif Abdul Cassim
m36 and m36[m] on IRC(OFTC #debian-mobile)