Re: [GSOC][Easy-GnuPG] Willing to help out as co-mentor

Hey Daniel,

The following are just my "opinions" and anyone is free to disagree.

GPG is a great tool in terms of the functionality and the features it
provides. But it maybe quite cryptic or less user friendly for some
but at the same time there are people who thinks it's extremely
configurable. This is just difference of opinion, which I think is
good as it allows the new users with choice (eg: various Linux
distribution have different philosophy and hence people have choice).

Now what we can do is expose GPG tool such that it provides an API (a
wrapper like EasyGnuPG and PGP Clean room) which is much more simpler
to use. So, what this would help is let people develop their own
solution using this interface, allowing people to build GUI, TUI based
apps or even web based apps(because why not). The API interface needs
to very friendly to developers to encourage them to develop the apps,
with great documentation(I can't stress this enough). Now, multiple
API interface can exist i.e, one may be client written in python, or
in ruby or pretty much any language you want so that it allows various
developers to build according to their "use case".

So, of course features can be shared this way but design philosophy
may differ with the current state of the projects you have mentioned.

Note: my email client defaults to "reply" and not "reply all". So this
is a copy of message that was supposed to be here.

Regards
T K Sourab