GSOC Idealist for packaging kali packages

Hey everyone,  Myself Shubham and I am undergrad CS student in New Delhi.  I am kind of nude here,  especially to the core contributors.

As a part of GSOC this year's ideas list,  the idea of importing kali packages to Debian caught my eye as it is related to both security and development  which I am passionate about.
 So I was hoping I could get some help from you guys getting started  as I could not find anyone in the irc ones.  I am going through the official docs right now but any help in person would be great.
And sorry if this is off-topic or wrong place to ask.