Debian has not been selected for GSoC 2017

Hey all,

Due to the lower amount of general motivation, and most notably the weakness of
our projects page during the Google review, after discussion with the program
administrators, Debian will not be part of Google Summer of Code this year.

Some of our recurring mentors have shown some signs of "GSoC fatigue", so all
in all I think it's reasonable: let's have a summer to ourselves to recover
(and push Stretch out the door) and come back next year in better shape than
ever!

We're still participating in Outreachy, so the next few months will still have
us some interns working on core Debian projects, just in a (very) reduced
scope.

Cheers,
--
Nicolas Dandrimont