Re: GOSC Week 5 and 6

Daniel,
What I and Saúl understood after thoroughly going through the Pull request and other comments is that K9 team is looking for some kind of plugin architecture. They don't want to implement SIP as a hardcore functionality for every user.

We are trying to make an interface where a user can install an additional application such as 'K9-SIP' and when this application is installed dial with SIP would be added to user menu and it will call K9-SIP activity to place a call.
This way other developers would be able to develop alternative apps for K9 SIP on pre-defined guidelines.

On Sun, Jul 3, 2016 at 11:58 PM, Daniel Pocock <daniel@pocock.pro> wrote:

On 03/07/16 20:00, Pranav Jain wrote:
> Hi,
> I have completed my first task and have also packaged it for developers
> to use. [0]
> Since last two weeks, I have documented it and removed the external
> dependency on XML file and has shifted it locally.
>
> Moreover, I have started the discussion of next task with my mentor [1].
> I am doing research on implementing it because K9 has already rejected
> the pull request once in past.

Some quick notes about the next task:

- there are various alternatives discussed in the rejected pull request

- when you tap a contact in an email, it asks you if you want to add the
person to contacts, maybe we could intercept that and display a chooser
(add to contacts, dial with SIP, chat with XMPP, ...)

- I have been meaning to extract the dialer popup code from the Lumicall
repository and put it in the Omnidial repository, it can then be used as
a library in other apps, such as K9, to display a popup with various options

Pranav Jain