GSoC 2016 Week 1 & 2: Android SDK Tools in Debian

Hello,

In last days, and thanks to the discussions with my mentors, through IRC, mumble, and emails, I got a good start with the project.

First I successfully setup a Debian chroot environment in order to test, package and develop. [1]

Next, I've tried to build an app[2] using only the packaged android-SDK, this process helped me to spot multiple bugs that I that I reported (problems about JDK[3], Gradle[4], aapt[5], fastboot[6]...).
Reporting this bugs helped either open discussions about them and explain the issue and try to understand them, or, fix them by committing patches to my fork on gitlab[7], review them, then push them to Alioth[8].

While working on all of this, I also learned many things about Debian developing[9] and maintaining[10] and more understanding the manuals that I've already read and put this knowledge to practical cases.

This few days my experience with Debian has grown a lot ! and I feel more excited than ever to work on this project !

[1]: http://aallam.com/debian-chroot-in-ubuntu/
[2]: https://github.com/guardianproject/ripple
[3]: https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=826761
[4]: https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=826870