Re: [GSoC] Introduction and Project Discussion

Hi, I have submitted a draft proposal. [1]:

I would like to add something.

This is a large project with multiple sub-projects, and I'm willing to
work on either of those.
I have past experience with Android, being a maintainer multiple
devices for CyanogenMod, making them run on open source code, and
porting newer android versions to them.

My proposal includes a few of the suggested sub-projects, and I'm
ready to change those with something else to not overlap with another
student.

I could work on a few from the below.
* SDK, and tools to build android 'apk's - updates, and new packages
* NDK - new package, for tools to create apps with native code (C/C++/etc).
* Android Studio - new package, IDE based on Intellij IDEA
* Emulator (and target platform) - for testing apps
* make all Android Tools packages build reproducibly - study existing
solutions, and apply them to current and newer packages.
* Continuous Integration tests for the above
* Third party tools for android development (such as apktool) -
updates, and new packages

The above list includes all but one from the wiki, which is:
"improve package build systems to be more tightly integrated with
upstream build systems"
I have interest in build systems in general, and have worked quite a
bit with android's make based system as well.
However, as discussed in earlier e-mails, it is currently undergoing a
transition.
You can currently build the AOSP master tree with a ninja based build system.
This would be something I would like to discuss further, say in the
community bonding period, or even before that.

Regards,
Chirayu Desai

[1]: https://wiki.debian.org/SummerOfCode2016/StudentApplications/ChirayuDesai