Re: Comments regarding python-ooolib_0.0.22-4_amd64.changes

On Sunday, September 15, 2019 2:58:43 PM EDT Rene Engelhard wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Sun, Sep 15, 2019 at 06:41:43PM +0000, Scott Kitterman wrote:
> > I am going to accept your package, but there are some issues that should
> > be
>
> Thanks.
>
> > 1.  In debian/copyright, it would be good to be clear about which LGPL
> > version>
> >     is relevant.  First, upstream probably needs to sort it out (LICENSE
> >     file
> >     is LGPL-3, header in __init__.py is LGPL-2+.  I take that to mean
> >     LGPL-3,
> >     but it might be worth asking them to resolve the disconnect.
>
> I believe 2+ includes 3 here, yes so I don't see a immediate problem.
>
> In any case
>
> https://github.com/zbohm/python-ooolib/commit/9f8e34041bd852a1b3882005a29585
> cd28cd4e6d
>
> changes it to MIT...

I agree, no immediate problem and the upstream change certainly resolves it
anyway.  If I'd thought it was an immediate problem there would have been a
serious but on the package rather than just an email prod.

> > 5.  In general, compat 5 is deprecated.  This should be updated.
>
> As long as 5 is supported it will stay this way.
>
> I will only invest what is really needed into this package, sorry.[2]

I understand.  I have packages like that too.

Scott K