Re: Comments regarding python-ooolib_0.0.22-4_amd64.changes

Hi,

On Sun, Sep 15, 2019 at 06:41:43PM +0000, Scott Kitterman wrote:
> I am going to accept your package, but there are some issues that should be

Thanks.

> 1.  In debian/copyright, it would be good to be clear about which LGPL version
>     is relevant.  First, upstream probably needs to sort it out (LICENSE file
>     is LGPL-3, header in __init__.py is LGPL-2+.  I take that to mean LGPL-3,
>     but it might be worth asking them to resolve the disconnect.

I believe 2+ includes 3 here, yes so I don't see a immediate problem.

In any case

https://github.com/zbohm/python-ooolib/commit/9f8e34041bd852a1b3882005a29585cd28cd4e6d

changes it to MIT...

> 2.  In debian/control, python:Provides is obsolete in general and was never
>     used for python3.  It should be deleted.
>
> 3.  debian/pycompat is obsolete and was never used with python3.  It should be
>     deleted.

That is a leftover from old ooolib-python[1], but yeah.

> 4.  In debian/rules, rm -f ooolib/__pycache__/__init__.cpython-37.pyc will
>     fail as soon as the supported python3 versions change.  Something like
>     rm -f ooolib/__pycache__ would be better.

Mmh, true.

> 5.  In general, compat 5 is deprecated.  This should be updated.

As long as 5 is supported it will stay this way.

I will only invest what is really needed into this package, sorry.[2]

Regards,

Rene

[1] which this supersedes and replaces (see
https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=939090, for some
reason I don't know that was retitled to remove the reference to
python(3)-ooolin
[2] I only did this for #937190. If there was no upstream release
supporting python3 I I'd have just done #939090 and nothing more
(or get it autoremoved.)