Re: libreoffice-lightproof-pt-br

Hi,

On Sat, Oct 17, 2015 at 05:14:32PM -0300, Paulo wrote:
> I would like to contribute to the creation and maintenance of the binary libreoffice-lightproof-pt-br package.

We should do it, yes. It would have been already there if the upstreams
of it would be interested in it.

> A deb package with the grammar checker in Portuguese of Brazil would be very important for Brazilian users of Debian and its derivatives.
>
> I have contact with Oliver <olivier.hallot@libreoffice.org>, LibreOffice developer, who is also willing to help.

We don't build the current lightproof packages out of LOs dictionaries module
but out of lightproof.

I already told Olivier various times that it would be best if the -pt-br stuff
would be contributed back to "standard" lightproof[1] so it can be directly
built out of lightproof instead of "hiding" it in LOs dictionaries module[2]

The fact that he didn't even attempt that yet to my knowdlege makes me
think this isn't really that important for pt_BR people....

> What did I do to be able to help? My sponsor is Eriberto Mota <eriberto@debian.org>

Either you convince it to be added to official lightproof or you package
it up - whereever it comes from ([3] is not telling it, except it was generated
by some launchpad thingy.)

The packages should look like the other already existing binary packages (no
.oxt, but install into the correct path) etc., provides, depends etc.

Should be quite easy, as it's basically just copy stuff.

Eriberto (or I) can review a package.

Or - as a last resort - we can package it from libreoffice-dictionaries. Don't
like that, though.

Regards,

Rene

[1] http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/lightproof