Re: Disable gtk3 plugin?

Hi

On 17/09/15 12:32, Rene Engelhard wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 17, 2015 at 12:04:41PM +0200, Chris Halls wrote:
>> Please see the IRC conversation below. It sounds to me that it might be
>> best to disable the gtk3 plugin for 5.0.x. I don't think its ready for
>> general usage.
>
> Yeah... Too bad.

Yep

> What about the attached patch?

Which patch do you mean?

>> Or, if you think it should be available, how about patching the
>> detection to choose gtk by default, requiring SAL_USE_PLUGIN=gtk3 to
>> manually enable it for the daring?
>
> We can also do that I guess...
>
> But if upstream recommends against enabling it at all..
> Of course they won't get testers that way and we'll get the same problems
> in 5.1. Where it _is_ on per default and other stuff depends on that being
> available...

I agree we'll not see so many problems tested, but it sounds like its
not really ready for user testing.

We could maybe enable gtk3 for experimental only builds of 5.1. That
way, it wouldn't affect backports or people trying to use unstable as
their main desktop.

> P.S.: Want back into Uploaders:? ;)

:)

Thought you'd never ask!