Re: RFS: myspell-sv (updated package)

On Sun, Jun 12, 2011 at 10:57:05PM +0200, Jon Lachmann wrote:
> Dear debian OOo maintainers,    I am looking for a sponsor for the new version 1.45-1  of my package "myspell-sv".    It builds these binary packages:  myspell-sv-se - Swedish (SE) dictionary for myspell    The package appears to be lintian clean.    The package can be found on mentors.debian.net:  - URL: http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/m/myspell-sv   - Source repository: deb-src http://mentors.debian.net/debian unstable main contrib non-free  - dget http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/m/myspell-sv/myspell-sv_1.45-1.dsc     I would be glad if someone uploaded this package for me.
>
> As I am not a subscriber to the mailing list, please CC me with any replies.

Hi, Jon,

I've been looking at your package and noticed some possible problems,

a) Fix me (you or Rene) if I am wrong, but dictionary used seems to have
   become a hunspell only dictionary, not a myspell one. If so, I think
   it should be named hunspell-sv (unless there are other variants for
   Swedish, leading to something like hunspell-sv-se).

   While myspell dictionaries can be used under hunspell, the opposite is
   not true. Specific hunspell stuff makes current dict not usable
   as basis for an aspell dict (In particular, COMPOUNDPERMITFLAG,
   COMPOUNDBEGIN, COMPOUNDMIDDLE, COMPOUNDEND and ONLYINCOMPOUND seem to
   fail). Same applies to the sources name if hunspell-only, I'd go for
   something different from myspell-sv-se). This would need
   conflict/replaces against old package.

b) You seem to have started your job on myspell-sv 1.3.8-6-2.2. Note that
   there is also 1.3.8-6-2.3, fixing #619280 (which is resurrected by your
   package).

c) This is a good time to bump Standards-version to 3.9.2, not only to
   3.9.1.

d) I see that it still has the alternative openoffice.org-updatedicts
   dependency. I do not remember if Rene and me have discussed this, but it
   is more that ancient (for 8 years now) and I think it can safely be
   removed.

e) Note that current watch code will retrieve sv-1.45.zip. I'd suggest here
   some transformation code to get source package in its final incarnation.
   See e.g. myspell-pt-br for an example.

Agustin