Re: RFS: myspell-sv (updated package)

On Thu, Jun 16, 2011 at 11:50:36AM +0200, Jon Lachmann wrote:
> Hi Agustin!

Hi, Jon.

Please keep mailing the relevant mailing list, so Rene (hunspell maintainer)
can read these messsages and contribute. Since this thread originated in
debian-openoffice mailing list I am using it instead of moving the thread
to dict-common-dev.

> Thank you for your reply and thorough analysis of the package.
>
> a) You are right that it is a hunspell dictionary, if the package would be
> made to become hunspell-sv instead, would it still replace the old
> myspell-sv?

You need to tell that, see e.g., myspell-en-us vs hunspell-en-us,

Package: hunspell-en-us
Version: 20070829-4
Installed-Size: 764
Maintainer: Rene Engelhard <rene@debian.org>
Architecture: all
Replaces: myspell-en-us, openoffice.org-spellcheck-en-us
Provides: hunspell-dictionary, hunspell-dictionary-en

Package: myspell-en-us
Source: openoffice.org-dictionaries (1:3.3.0~rc10-3)
Version: 1:3.3.0-3
Installed-Size: 768
Maintainer: Debian OpenOffice Team <debian-openoffice@lists.debian.org>
Architecture: all
Provides: myspell-dictionary, myspell-dictionary-en
Depends: dictionaries-common (>= 0.10) | openoffice.org-updatedicts
Conflicts: openoffice.org (<= 1.0.3-2)

> To get rid of that ancient and frankly worthless wordlist is my main
> concern, a lot of my friends use linux (mainly ubuntu) and complain
> about the worthless spellcheck.

If I understand correctly Swedish has a lot of compound words, so ispell,
aspell and old myspell are not good for it and hunspell is highly desirable.
If that is true, old myspell-sv could be used just as basis for a limited
aspell Swedish dictionary (I see in aspell site that current Swedish dict
there is ancient) or simply removed once proper upgrade path is verified to
work (an aspell dict can also be generated out of iswedish).

> Can you reply about this concern before I continue fixing the other matters?

I thinks the above is what you need, but Rene may find I missed something
else.

Agustin