Re: hunspell-fr: collaboration with other french dicts?

Hi,

On Sun, Apr 17, 2011 at 04:22:05PM +0200, Stéphane Blondon wrote:
> I contact you as current maintainer of hunspell-fr.  Fist I send an e-mail to
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-openoffice/2011/04/msg00025.html
> because The list is marked as maintainer in
> http://www.debian.org/devel/people and
> http://packages.debian.org/wheezy/hunspell-fr
>
> (mail sent:http://lists.debian.org/debian-openoffice/2011/04/msg00025.html)
>
> Unfortunately no-one answered. That's why I send it to you,  Rene and Chris.

Which is the same recepient.

And I didn't answer because you obviously didn't do research before asking
this question.

> I'd to help to have the same words base for the several dictionnaries
> in Debian.  Today, if someone reports a lacking word in wfrench, it's
> not added in hunspell-fr for example.

Correct.

> Currently, I sent e-mails to wfrench maintainer (François Marier) and
> ifrench one (Lionel Mamane) who all agree with me. They think it's a
> good idea. Lionel suggests I contact the hunspell-fr maintainer too.
>
>  - Do you have any remark about this idea?
>  - Do you think it's a good idea to add hunspell-fr to it?
>  - Do you suggest other people to contact?
>  - Do you have idea about the way it should be done?

If you actually looked, hunspell-fr is built out of openoffice.org-dictionaries.
I am not going to do *any* additional words etc. for this. openoffice.org-dictionaries
will always be "package dict xyz is there, don't do additional stuff.". Especially because
I only barely speak french.

If you want this changed - and I agree with you that it might be worthwile - you have to
maintain hunspell-fr youself (then take it from wherever Oracle copies it from); that was
and is the preffered solution in Debian anyway.

Grüße/Regards,

René