Re: hunspell-fr: collaboration with other french dicts?

2011/4/17 Rene Engelhard <rene@debian.org>:
> On Sun, Apr 17, 2011 at 04:22:05PM +0200, Stéphane Blondon wrote:
>> (mail sent:http://lists.debian.org/debian-openoffice/2011/04/msg00025.html)
>>
>> Unfortunately no-one answered. That's why I send it to you,  Rene and Chris.
>
> Which is the same recepient.

I answer only to the mailing-list in order you don't receive this
message twice (and Chris too). I hope it's right.

> If you actually looked, hunspell-fr is built out of openoffice.org-dictionaries.
> I am not going to do *any* additional words etc. for this. openoffice.org-dictionaries
> will always be "package dict xyz is there, don't do additional stuff.". Especially because
> I only barely speak french.

I seen that the package comes from openoffice.org-dictionaries (it's
on web page about hunspell-fr which I refered to) but I didn't know if
you change words in the dictionaries or not. I understand well why you
don't want to modify dictionaries or manage such work and it's right.

> If you want this changed - and I agree with you that it might be worthwile - you have to
> maintain hunspell-fr youself (then take it from wherever Oracle copies it from); that was
> and is the preffered solution in Debian anyway.

I really thank you for your reply which helped me to understand better
how it works and what I should do with this dictionary. It's time for
me to try something with these new informations.

Thanks and have a nice week!
--
Stéphane