Opinions on libhyphenate (a clean rewrite of libhyphen)?

Hello Rene, Chris and Debian OpenOffice team,

after some not-so-pleasant tries to use and then to patch libhyphen
(back then it was called libhnj) early last year, I've reimplemented
the algorithm in C++ in a library called libhyphenate.

I deem libhyphenate considerably easier to use. In addition to all
libhyphen features, it supports system-central storage of hyphenation
pattern files, hyphenation at all possible hyphenation points, hyphe-
nation of text such that it optimally fits a given width (in characters)
and hyphenation using the libhyphen-style hyphens array.

In addition, it fixes the libhyphen TODO of handling UTF-8 characters
and the not yet filed bug that, for some languages, an hyphenation-free
zone at the start and end of each word is needed to hyphenate correctly.

If you want to have a look yourself and test this (bold) claim, the
source code can be found at:
http://swolter.sdf1.org/libhyphenate_1-current.tar.gz

In order to avoid having two libraries around doing essentially the
same thing, I've reimplemented the public libhnj/libhyphen interface
for libhyphenate. You can find the implementation at:
http://swolter.sdf1.org/libhyphen-hyphenate-1.0.tar.gz

What do you think of the work?

If you find it workable, I'd love to try and test whether it works
properly in the current OpenOffice environment. If not, however,
I'd like to point out that libhyphenate needs a Debian sponsor ;-).

Regards, Steve Wolter

--
Steve Wolter (Univ. of Bielefeld)| Web page: http://swolter.sdf1.org
 A witty saying proves nothing.  | Schedule: http://swolter.sdf1.org/swolter.ifb