Re: Wishing for a reference manager... Bibus? BibTeX?

Hi,

Michael Bonert wrote:
> I'm looking for a nice clean reference manager for OO.org and came across one that looks pretty good.
>
> Its name is Bibus and it:
> (1) expands on the native OO.org ref manager,
> (2) can share data with MicroSh!t-Word and
> (3) can automagically pull reference info from PubMed ( http://www.pubmed.org ), THE DATABASE of medical publications.
>
> It exists as a deb package-- http://bibus-biblio.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/Installation#Debian

IIRC last I looked (but i might be remember wrong) that deb was bad...

> I think it would be super if it were in the Debian repository. ;-)

Then package it or get someone who packages it :)

wnpp. see http://www.debian.org/devel/wnpp and http://bugs.debian.org/wnpp

> (Is this the right place?)>

No, this mailing list is the place for stuff about maintaining
OpenOffice.org (and important related packages, BibTeX is only "just" another
package depending on Ooo") itself ...

Grüße/Regards,

René
--
 .''`.  René Engelhard -- Debian GNU/Linux Developer
 `. `'  rene@debian.org | GnuPG-Key ID: 248AEB73