Wishing for a reference manager... Bibus? BibTeX?

Hi,

I'm looking for a nice clean reference manager for OO.org and came across one that looks pretty good.

Its name is Bibus and it:
(1) expands on the native OO.org ref manager,
(2) can share data with MicroSh!t-Word and
(3) can automagically pull reference info from PubMed ( http://www.pubmed.org ), THE DATABASE of medical publications.

It exists as a deb package-- http://bibus-biblio.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/Installation#Debian
I think it would be super if it were in the Debian repository. ;-)

What is the best way, aside from packaging it oneself, to get some software packaged and on Debian?
Where can one post a 'wish-it-was-on-Debian' request? (Is this the right place?)

I previous posted the question to user.
See:

Is there a ref manager effort underway?

Thanks,